Head Over Heels In Love... With Pink Clove!

Last night I was lucky enough to be invited to a bloggers event for Pink Clove. Avid readers of my blog will know that I have already blogged about the site because it captured my attention as soon as it was launched! As a plus size retailer that actually does most (if not all?) of its lines up to a size 30/32 it was a welcome addition to the world of plus size fatshion in my eyes.

Original Review Here: 
http://imawannabeprincess.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/abc-of-pink-clove-brand-new-plus-size.html

In my original write up I told you I fell in love with the typography dress - and now I have seen it, felt it and seen the cut of it, I want it even more. This is most definitely a dress I need in my life.


The Event

The event was held in the prestigious Hush restaurant in Mayfair. Located in Lancashire Court it had a beautiful setting and the private dining room did not disappoint. 




When we arrived we were greeted by the Pink Clove PR team and a pink Bellini (YUM!) and invited to take a look at the clothes. There were 3 racks of clothes, broken down into different sections to showcase the range of Pink Clove clothing. After that we had a sit down 3 course meal and a chance to chat with the rest of the bloggers. There were 10 of us there in total and it was really nice to put names to faces I have seen online and read the blogs of. 


The Dinner

Unsuprisingly for a Mayfair restuarant - the food was amazing! There was a really nice selection of food which meant that there was something to suit everyone. I opted for the pulled pork and yorkshire pudding starter, fishcake main and a treacle sponge for dessert - all delicious!




The Clothes

What can I say? The range of clothes is small(ish!), but perfectly formed! Seeing as Pink Clove are a brand new brand it is no surprise that they don't have quite as many offerings as some of the big game players in the plus size market. I just hope that in time they'll be able to expand because the items that they have do seem amazing. (I'd love to see a Pink Clove range of accessories and shoes - but maybe I am just being a bit greedy!)

The brand has something to cater for everyone - from pretty skirts to logo tshirts and from smart jackets to floral dresses - it has it all!

The clothes on the rails were all a size 16 but were definitely generous fittings. The top sizes come in 26/28 and 30/32 but judging by what I have seen so far, they'll be a great fit! The clothes were high quality and stretched without ruining the look of the piece, which is always a bonus!


What I Liked Best

What I liked best is that some of the most striking patterns in the collection were used in more than one piece. It can be annoying when you see a pattern in a skirt you like, but you know you would prefer it in a dress. It seems that Pink Clove have tried to fix this problem by having patterns repeated across items - what a great idea!



Home Time

When we left we were sent home with a lovely goody bag and a gorgeous cupcake - what lucky girls!




This morning I have placed an order for the typography dress, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist for long! I also have my eye on the tartan dress too, might have to use my birthday at the end of September as an excuse to treat myself! ;)

Have you bought anything from the site yet? Or browsed it?

What are your favourite pieces?

Debz x

If you liked what you read & want to keep up to date with future posts... You can do so here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Al-Jazeera-America-imawannabeprincess © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top