Taking Shape at Ms Curvaceous

Last night I attended the Ms Curvaceous competition held in at The Camden Centre in Kings Cross. Although it was the 3rd year of the competition, it was my first time attending one - or anything like it! I have to say I am glad that I did.

I don't want to blog to much about names, numbers, facts and figures because I think you can read them anywhere - No doubt there will be tonnes of write ups and reviews online (the hashtag is #MCUK if you want to look it up).

However... I wanted to talk about positivity. The whole competition put such a positive spin on things - great food, great music and great company, what more could a girl want? The girls in the competition were all beautiful and they gave great speeches about their reasons for entering the competition - with positive body image messages and creating a new generation of females happy with their bodies were amongst the most popular reasons given - and what good reasons they are!

I was in turmoil over what to wear, mainly because lots of my clothes are quite casual and blingy - maybe not the best outfit for a modelling competition. Thankfully Taking Shape stepped up to the mark with a new dress and cardigan which they kindly gifted to me last week (thank you!!).



If you come across their brand then be sure to check them out. They're currently opening stores throughout the UK (YAY!) and stock up to a size 26. That said, both of the items I wore were a size 26 and fit me fine - and we all know that's a bit smaller than I usually wear!



The clothes on the site have a mature feel to them, but that doesn't mean you can't dress it up how you want to - because you'll definitely be able too! So, please do not be afraid to experiment - it pays off!! Don't be scared to think outside the box - the labels on these clothes are too small for me, but they still fit me fine - so always try things before you give up on them!

I'll take some better photos another time - but the eye shadow I am wearing comes from the Barry M Smoking Hot Palette which they kindly sent me last month. I have used all of the colours so far and I love it - I just need a chance to take some proper photos. I am by no means a beauty blogger expert, but all I know is that it goes on well, looks brill and stayed on all night - with a bit of sparkle in the silver shade of eye shadow - which all make it a winner in my book!



At the Ms Curvaceous competition I bumped into this bunch of beauts - what a brill end to a fab weekend!



What did you all get up to this weekend?

Debz xx

If you liked what you read & want to keep up to date with future posts... You can do so here:
Facebook / Twitter / Blog Loving / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr /

I was lucky enough to be gifted some items in this post and I am very greatful, but I am always open and honest in my reviews!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Al-Jazeera-America-imawannabeprincess © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top