A Sequin Surprise - The Fat Mermaid!

You probably know by now, when it comes to clothes - I love colour, I love shape and I love sparkles. When I first saw this dress on the Fashion World website, I loved it. It is everything perfect about a dress for the Christmas season - I was well and truly smitten! 



It seemed like the rest of the fatshion world was too - as blog posts, tweets and instagram posts came flooding in about the 'mermaid dress' and everyone was in love with it! 

A few weeks later, Fashion World contacted me and kindly offered to send me a dress of my choosing from their Christmas party dress range. I browsed through and there were some LOVELY offerings, but nothing that quite matched up to the mermaid dress that I had been lusting over! 

So.... I asked them to send me it - and I can tell you now, I was not disappointed!

Yes, the dress is bodycon, yes its covered in sequins which make a sound every time I move, yes it's green, yes it's short - but it is love!

I plan to wear the dress to a Christmas party, so I don't want to share photos of the whole dress just yet. So instead, here are some selfie photos of it - so you can see how happy I am with it! When it is styled properly, for the party in a couple of weeks I'll take some proper Outfit Of The Day posts so you can see the full thing.



They didn't have my size of dress, so I have sized down. This means it is a little shorter than on the models in the photo - but I don't mind that! It is quite tight (more than likely because of the sizing down) but it is fully lined and made from a thick material, which means it gives a nice shape rather than just clinging everywhere, which I know lots of people aren't keen on! 

If you're looking for a Christmas dress to make you stand out this Christmas, I can not recommend this dress enough!! You can buy the AX Paris dress here.

Have you have any exciting purchases for the festive season?

If you liked what you read & want to keep up to date with future posts... You can do so here:
Facebook / Twitter / Blog Loving / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr /

I was lucky enough to be gifted some items in this post and I am very greatful, but I am always open and honest in my reviews!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Al-Jazeera-America-imawannabeprincess © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top